e-Forward

A compilation of selected e-mails and messages circulating around the globe.

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Hey guys! I'm Carms - Just an ordinary woman who loves everything about beauty--makeup, fashion, decors, organization, cooking and family. I believe there's always beauty in everything. I'd like to share my passion with you thru this blog.

Friday, February 11, 2005

YOU INVITED THEM

I felt as if I were trapped in a scene from the movie "The Birds." Nearlyfifty sparrowsand robins in trees all around me appeared strangely menacing, waiting foranotherkernel of my popcorn to fall to the ground. Laughing nervously, I asked mydad, whowas visiting, "How did they all get here?"

How did they all get here? I wasn't just thinking of the birds. My mind wasalso playinghost to fears I was feeling about my life. At first, it was just one fear:that I'd fail at mynew job because I couldn't keep up with the pressures. Next it was the fearthat I'd be trapped at this job because I needed the money and security. Then I could seemyselfenslaved to work, without friends or family, and all alone in my old age. Myfears wereslowly paralyzing me, and now I was even fearful of being held captive by afewsparrows and robins.

My father's answer interrupted my thoughts. "How did they get here? Youinvited them!"

I had, of course. I'd tossed popcorn to the first little bird, and quicklythe others arrived.Just as with my fears, I had invited that first one, allowed it to stay,indulged it by letting it feed on my anxiety, and quickly the others arrived. I turned again to myfather andasked, "How do I get rid of them?"

"Just leave them." I knew right then that I was hosting the wrong guests.That night,instead of entertaining a fitful sleep, I renewed my invitation to my Lord: "I sought the Lord, and He answered me, And delivered me from all my fears"(Psalm 34:4). The next day at the office I made a sign for my desk to remindme.It read:

DO NOT FEED THE FEARS

No, I wouldn't. I knew with Whom to leave them now.

"FATHER, I know that your love casts out fear, and that with Your help I can confront them and walk away into confident leaving."

P.S.With fear in its "proper" place, I was able to take some meaningfulaction at work. I sought my boss' help and together, we restructured thedutiesand hired an assistant.

PRAYER
"Lord Jesus, I give you my hands to do your work. I give you my feet to goyour way. I give you my eyes to see as you do. I give you my tongue to speakyour words. I give you my mind that you may think in me. I give you myspirit that you may pray in me. Above all, I give you my heart that you may love in me,your Father, and all mankind. I give you my whole self that you may grow inme,so that it is you, Lord Jesus, who live and work and pray in me."(Prayer from The Grail)